Sunday, June 22, 2008

Stormee Morning


One nice stormy morning, I went ahead to come to the office despite my wife pleading for me to call-in to advise the work force management I will not be able to come to work this morning. But then I gave my word to my supervisor yesterday I will report for work today. The company offered to reimburse me of my cab fare just for me to come to the office. I told them I don't need reimbursement as I can shoulder my own fare expenses, and that I only am worried about the weather I have to brave as the cab couldn't fetch me straight from my house. We live inside a university campus wherein many cab companies refuse to send out cabs for fetching passengers. The only option I seem to have is catch a passenger jeepney out of the university. So, on I went and risked my ass into the storm. Reaching the gas station outside the university I immediately saw a bus going my route, so I thought why not save the company from paying for my fare? Don't I deserve a commendation, PeopleSupport?

No comments: