Monday, August 25, 2008

MUSGLE

Not that I don't have respect for intellectual rights, but I do admit I am addicted to downloading music files from the internet for free. Rest assured though that if I do like the track I make sure i do get an original copy whether through download or a CD. Formerly I use P2P clients like Shareaza or Soulseek, but recently my computer has been acting up for the longest time and I am left with my phones only to connect to the internet. Luckily, I always get very fast connection from our house using Globe Telecom's 3G/HSDPA network. It is amazing to know that I am able to download at least five full tracks ranging from 3 to 7 megabytes in no more than 15 minutes.
 
There are a lot of ways you can download from the internet without using P2P clients. Mostly it is by using free online storage/file sharing sites such as 4Shared and eSnips, but it is a tedious process mostly and you are limited to only to that network's inventory. I have since found a site called Wuzam, which is able to pull a search online on these storage sites and file sharing networks and just simply list them on the search results. You can just then click to download the file. And then again there also are limitations to what Wuzam can find.
 
An online friend indirectly taught me a way to hack into sites using Google by just searching for media indeces with some codes that instructs the Google spider or search engine to look specifically for these indeces. These indeces are otherwise not available for public viewing as websites or webmasters simply choose to present them in more user-friendly interface rather than just bare texts. The codes are flexible so that you also can search for videos and others with specific file types.
 
While using the process one day, I found a site which offers exactly the same process without having to go through typing the search parameters or codes manually into the search field on Google. The site is called Musgle (www.musgle.com), and it does exactly what the search code do. For people like me who are not that good in computer logic it is a big convenience. The way I do it before I found this site is that I have manually configured the codes to look for specific file types, leaving just blank variables such as artist names or song titles, and saved them on an online note so that I can just copy and paste it on the search field. Although I have kept copies of the notes still, I have since used the site to pull the searches for me.

No comments: