Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lookie, Lookie!


The trouble with life is that you eventually get old. The promise of fountain of youth of even the most expensive of creams and facial rituals simply cannot hold back the effects of gravity and time on your skin tissues. That unless you are willing to go under the knife and be immortally without age. Throw in stress and vices and you overtime get to look like your parents as you remember them when you were still a young child. It's not that I'm so vain I want to hold on to my youthful self for as long as I want. Simply, appearance does play a big role on how people perceive you these days when self-advertisement is all the rave. By the time you reach thirty you might as well be on your way to retirement in a few years and be a recluse hermit. Although I consider myself luckier than most of my bunch, all because compared to them I still am pretty much in better shape. Many people still say I look at least ten years younger than my real age. They even are suprised whenever I tell them my age, which is mid-30s already. Or at least this is true seeing me within a distance fit for a casual conversation. If they were a bit closer they would have found otherwise. Well, I think you can only do so much, including denial of real age that I seem to be on now, before this reality of life catches up to you. Or else you end being taken for a senile 40 year old.

No comments: