Sunday, February 22, 2009

THIRD

I did write about bad luck coming in threes as from my experience, and
I hated to be right but I just simply am. The third death in the
family this year. It was a cousin again, and this time it was somebody
close to my age and I grew up with. Leukemia was the bringer, and it
did not last very long for him. He succumbed soon as the symptoms
appeared. His family were trying to deny the fact, especially his
nurse sister who has been living in new york. They very well knew the
symptoms and the blotches on his skin could only mean one thing, and
they have tried and tried to get from second to fourth opinion, hoping
in vain that at least a doctor will give them a different diagnosis.
It's morbid, I know, but I did anticipate he will be the third. The
tragic thing is that he left his wife and three young children.

On the other hand, I kind of had three bad lucks of my own recently.
First, my PSP was dropped by my nephew and stopped working. And then,
a few days later, while trying to transfer the files from its memory
card to a flash disk, the memory card suddenly went out and could not
be detected anymore by the system; and it contained pictures from our
vacation in Bicol in December and also pictures from my niece's
wedding, not to mention my favorite games. And then a few days ago, my
phones stopped working one after the other. They just turned off and
never came back on. When I brought them to the service center for
repair, as I do need at least one of the phones, I have been quoted at
least PHP 1,500.00 for each phone.

Talk about bad luck.

No comments: