Friday, January 9, 2009

THE TRUTH SHALL PREVAIL!

I was supposed to have this entry posted some two days ago, and I had a picture on my phone to back it up. My memory card has this bad habit of corrupting files every now and then and it just did that yesterday when I was trying to back up its content on my computer. The lone casualty was the very image I was to include with this post.

I got into trouble for something I have posted on this blog last weekend. The post have to be deleted after three days of publishing it online, otherwise it would cost me dear.

This happened as I was on my way to work early evening Wednesday. That night and the whole day before, I was weighing some options on whatever is the best thing for me to do. I have consulted my lawyer cousin with regards to my problem, and in turn she consulted her husband who runs with his brothers a law firm catering mostly to labor cases, and whose client includes a labor union of one of the biggest companies in the country. Apparently, the current cyber-crime law couldn't hold me liable for that blog entry, even if I have a contract with the entity I had sort of put into bad light in that post. Still, the resolution I have in mind leans more on moving away from trouble and sparing people of having to go through the whole process of an inquiry.

As the bus I was on stopped for the light in the corner of Ayala and Paseo De Roxas, the electronic marquee (or is it a billboard) on the corner building that usually flashes news and stock exchange indeces, flashed the following words in all capital letters-- "THE TRUTH SHALL PREVAIL!" with the label national news and later on international news. It should have flashed instead headline news, but there it was, as if a message from Above, and it stayed during the whole time the light was red. I hurriedly took a picture of it with my camera phone to make sure I was not hallucinating, and surely enough it registered on the camera.

Nothing for me to do but smile. Coincidence has always been a good friend to me.

No comments: