Tuesday, January 20, 2009

UP CLOSE

On my way to work today, I chanced upon this old bus from a transport company that I have for so long avoided for being the cause of all occasions I have been late for work. But knowing buses going my route is hard to come by this time of the night, I boarded this one as I presume rush hour is a few hours past and it doesn't have anymore excuses to keep on stopping waiting for passengers.

Every thing's well, if only for the hint of stink owing to the fact that the bus is already old and its passenger must have not given a thought of cleaning things up after themselves. Food wrappers are on the floor and some have been slipped into crevices or gaps between seats. I kept my mind off these and instead turned up the music on my headset.

Indeed, unlike my past experiences with buses of this company, the driver ignored minor bus stops and went on to speed ahead and stopped only on major loading/unloading stations. One of such stations was Ortigas, and a few passengers boarded the bus as we shortly stopped. With the seats in front of me recently vacated, two new passengers, both males, readily took the seats. I didn't mind them at first, as they seem no more than office personnel coming home late. However, I did notice that both are blessed with things I unfortunately didn't have-- good looks and gym-fit bodies.

As we continued on, I opted to play the new game I have just installed on my PSP. Then I suddenly heard the lady beside me blurting cuss words. I lifted my head and turned to her; she was looking at the seats in front of us and so I turned to look also. And there, up close and right in our faces, two gym-fit men passionately kissing! Yeeeccchhhh! I have never seen such a thing. It may have been less shocking if one of them was really effeminate. I guess my mind is still not sensitized for such a thing eventhough we now are living an era when tolerance and acceptance is very much alive.

No comments: